Saturday, May 19, 2007

Trend -> The Jersey Dress

In my first post I mentioned that I want to use my blog to talk the latest trends. Well, this is my first official Trend post. I am loving the jersey dress trend! They're so comfy and unrestricting. No need to suck in your tummy (I'm not the only one, am I?) They come in a variety of styles and lengths and are flattering to most body types. They can easily be dressed up or down which makes them suitable for most occasions.

First, let's look at some celebs and their jersey dress style.

Here we have the lovely Eva Mendes in a yellow jersey dress at a charity event. She's dressed her frock up with a pair of brown open toes and matching shoulder bag.

Liv Tyler is out and about pushing her stroller looking all comfy in her jersey dress with tights underneath.

And here's Carmen Electra in her jersey dress, dressed down with flip flops.

Get your own jersey dress...

Details (left to right, top to bottom): ABS by Allen Schwartz Matte Jersey Dress, $188 at Norstrom; Eliza J Dot Jersey Dress, $98 at Nordstrom; Plenty by Tracy Reese Dreidel Jersey Dress, $125 at Nordstrom; Sandbridge Dress by Velvet, $118 at Anthropologie; Velvet by Graham & Spencer Jonas Square Neck Dress, $140 at Nordstrom; Splendid, $108 at Shopbob.com.

A jersey dress would be a good addition to your wardrobe for the summer.