Thursday, April 5, 2007

Little White Dress

So...I have a family affair coming up. My newest cutie-pie cousin is being dedicated back to the Lord and his mother requested that the family members wear white for the service. I immediately went into panic mode...I have nothing to wear! But before I began looking for a dress to spend my hard earned money on, I told myself to calm down and think. Turns out, I do have a couple of white dresses, but only one is appropriate for going to see Mr. Jesus (Did yall see Borat?). Anyway, my near crisis reminded me of a little blurb I read a while back on The Little White Dress. It's now a fashion essential, like the LBD.

In the March issue of Glamour (one of my fav magazines), there's a Spring Trend Dos and Don'ts article by Michael Kors...

"All Hail the LWD
Do learn the phrase: Little White Dress. It does the same as your LBD! This year there are so many fabulous ones; look for something textured, embroidered or with eyelets. Do try it with metallic accessories for night or black patent for day."

After researching for this post, I was thisclose to going out and buying a dress. *sigh* I guess I'll be good and work with what I have. First up, we have some dresses I think are cute and can be a good look for the summer...

Details (left to right, top to bottom): Empire Waist Goddess Dress, $148 at Banana Republic; Ralph Lauren Linen Halter Dress, $129 at Macy*s; Irene Voile Dress, $138 at White House Black Market; Springtime Halter Dress, $138 at White House Black Market; Empire Waist Dress with Pleating Detail, $199 at Club Monaco; Circle Eyelet Dress, $79.50 at Gap

Just like with the LBD, the right accessories can really make this outfit pop and you can make it your own. Let's look at some accessories that go along with Mr. Kors's suggestions...


Details (left to right, top to bottom):
Charles David Alpha, $175 at Zappos; Porthole Handle Bag, $44 at Cache; Square Stretch Bracelet, $24 at Cache; Patent Leather Headband, $12 at Ann Taylor Loft; Steven Lalo, $116.06 at Zappos; Jessica Simpson Janey, $92 at Piperlime; Patent Leather Clutch, $39 at Ann Taylor Loft; Joie Last Child Patent Leather Ballet Flat, $155 at Shopbop

Tip: If you go with an Empire Waist, make sure it doesn't make you look prego. Sometimes that happens when you're well endowed in the bust area.

Another tip: If you're looking for a LWD, try to find one that is lined. It hangs better to prevent that clingy look, plus you won't have to worry about it being too thin/see through and showing your goodies. It might sound old fashioned, but it's a good tip for dresses, skirts, and dress pants, especially for clothing you'll be wearing to work or church. The good stuff is lined (my Momma taught me that). See Momma - I do listen!

Until next time,

Bee You. Bee Style!

No comments: