Monday, April 2, 2007

Rainy Days Bee Style

So...it's been raining like crazy around here so I thought I'd write about Rainy Day fashion. I have mixed feelings about rainy days. On one hand, it makes for bad hair days and it makes me want to be lazy and lay around all day. (Who wants to be out in the icky rain?) But on the other hand, there's my cute rain gear that's always fun to wear. I have some super cute rain boots that I absolutely love. I get some looks from fuddy-duddys, but I also get a lot of compliments on them. They're fun and functional because they keep my feet and lower legs from getting soaked. I have a long trek from my car to the building at work and if it's been raining for a while, the parking lot turns into a lake (not exaggerating) so they really come in handy. I wear them in and then just change into my real shoes for the day. I get to wear my cute peep toes or sandals and I don't have to worry about wet toes. Wet toes aren't fun. Protect your nice shoes and pants from being drenched and invest in some rain boots.

Check these out...


Details:
Pinky Plaid Rainboots, $19.99 at Target; Polka Dot Rain Boots, $16.98 at Wal-Mart; Pink Ribbon Rain Boots, $60.00 at Shop Intuition

When I was younger, one of my fabulous aunts passed on some good fashion words of wisdom. She taught me to wear bright colors on rainy days. It's a tip I've always remembered. It makes you stand out plus it helps combat that lazy, dreary feeling. My fav color to wear, rain or shine, is pink. Simply wearing a colorful top on a bleak day can make a difference. Try it. It might brighten up your day! One way to keep it bright is to get a rain coat in a fun color. Like these...


Details, left to right, top to bottom: Michael Kors Short Trench Coat, $145 at Bloomingdale's; Nine West Sateen Coat, $88 at Nordstrom; Michael Kors Rain Slicker, $98 at Nordstrom; BB Dakota Gabrielle Trench Coat, $39 at Nordstrom; Nine West Trench Coat, $169 at Nordstrom; Trench with Bow, $129 at Nine West

Or you can opt for a more traditional rain/trench coat like one of these...



Details, left to right, top to bottom: Casual Trench Coat, $69.99 at Gap; Long Twill Jacket, $695 at Burberry; Trench Coat, $995 at Burberry; Lilly Pulitzer Trench Coat, $358 at Bloomingdale's


No rainy day outfit is complete without an umbrella...



Details: Juicy Couture Motif Umbrella, $55 at Nordstrom; Burberry Ultra Light Mini Umbrella, $125; Clear Dome Umbrella, $29.95 at Umbrellas.com


Stay dry and cute!
Bee You. Bee Style!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the umbrellas!