Sunday, April 29, 2007

Fashion for the Cure

Earlier this month The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure was held in my city. Unfortunately, I was unable to participate this year because I was out of town. So I thought I would write a post to make up for missing the event and to raise awareness. Occasionally I see Pink Ribbon items when I'm out and about and it's something I didn't even know about (like the rain boots in my Rainy Days post). So maybe you don't know about them either. I comprised a collection of a few of the Pink Ribbon/Pink Pony items. It's fashion with a cause! A percentage of the profits benefit breast cancer research and patients.



Details: Ann Taylor Tee Shirt, $21 at Komen Pink Ribbon Shop; Ralph Lauren Pink Pony Slim Fit Tee, $65 at Polo; Ralph Lauren Pink Pony Hooded Sweatshirt, $135 at Polo.com; Pink Enamel Pin, $5 at Komen.org; 25th Anniversary Necklace, $40 at Komen.org; Ford Warriors in Pink Scarf, $35 at Komen.org; Komen Milano Handbag, $129.99 at Target.

There is a lot of other Pink Ribbon stuff out there, too. There are also all kinds of non-fashion related pink ribbon items...Kitchen Aid mixers, blow dryers, Dyson vacuums, etc. I absolutely love all the pink!

Please ladies...Bee sure to examine yourself regularly and if you notice anything, get it checked out ASAP! Early detection is key.

Look for The Race for the Cure in a city near you.

Dedicated to my fabulous grandmother and aunt.

No comments: