Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Spring Style

I know I'm a little late with this post, but better late than never, right? Besides, spring style overlaps into summer style anyway.
Spring has sprung and that means it's time to rotate the wardrobe and get ready for warmer weather - except for those unseasonably freaky cold days (it snowed here on Easter!). I hear a lot of ladies say they like spring/summer clothes more than their fall/winter ensembles, but it's a toss up for me. I love cute tanks and peep toes, but I also adore my coats and boots.

Make sure these spring must haves are in your closet...
  • swingy dresses

  • shirtdresses

  • sundresses

  • cardigans

  • peep toe pumps

  • wedges

  • cropped pants

  • rain gear (Check out my Rainy Days post!)
With these essentials, you'll be ready for any spring occasion - graduations, weddings, April showers (or tornadoes if you live here), or just a day out and about.

I've put together a few spring looks using items from the list...

Details (left to right, top to bottom): Striped Trapeze Sweater, $58 at Banana Republic; Skinny Cropped Khakis, $29.50 at Gap; Liz X-Cross Cork/Wood Wedge, $34.99 at Ann Taylor Loft; Marc Jacobs Turnlock Jazz Bag, $458 at Nordstrom

Details: Ya-Ya Love Mahogany Cotton Rib Tank Top, $30 at Bluefly; Diesel Dark Wash Fuxim Long Shorts, $75 at Bluefly; Chinese Laundry Jammin Pumps, $72.95 at Zappos; Scoop-Neck Cardigan, $24.50 at Old Navy; Cole Haan Small Bucket Tote, $295 at Cole Haan.
Details: Playa Tank Dress, $250 at J.Crew; Abas Crinkle Patent Cylinder Clutch, $125 at Nordstrom; Enzo Angiolini Maylie Pump, $88.95 at Nordstrom

Details: Camilla Cotton Cady Dress, $280 at J.Crew; Kate Spade Pasadena Jocelyn Clutch, $268.95 at Zappos; Kate Spade Giselle, $278.95 at Zappos

Just add accessories and you're good to go!

I didn't realize I chose so many yellow items until I was uploading the pics. I guess that's my fav color for the spring. The J.Crew Playa Tank Dress comes in a pretty Bright Mineral color also. Having trouble finding springy stuff or accessories for these looks? Leave a comment and I'll try to help.

Until next time...
Bee You. Bee Style!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Thanks for the tips.