Thursday, June 28, 2007

Liz Claiborne (1929-2007)



Earlier this week, on Tuesday, fashion designer Liz Claiborne passed away at the age of 78 after battling cancer. Liz Claiborne Inc was founded in 1976 to provide fashionable, work appropriate wardrobes to women entering the workforce. Today, the company is comprised of over 40 brands and creates fashion for everyone.

It's been a while since I bought anything from Liz Claiborne, but I do remember that my first real purse was a Liz. It was in elementary school, in the 80s, and I thought I was doing it! Little did I know that was the beginning of what has become a very serious love affair with handbags. It's become quite a collection...and I owe it all to Liz.

Rest in peace, Liz Claiborne, and thank you for your contributions to the fashion world.

Click here to shop Liz Claiborne online.

No comments: